May 9, 2017

Photographers

I can't remember where I once heard the idea that "you create the content you consume" and ever since I heard that idea I tried to live by it. I can't lie, since I became interested in photography back in 2013 I was always looking at other photographers to see what styles I could mimic. I was lost. 

Fast forward to 2017, I established a style and I think that the style I established is simply the idea that I created it. It took me about two years to realize that I did not have to have a specific way to edit my pictures, or a certain way to take them but what would make my work cohesive is the idea that I created it. After realizing that I then grew to really admire photographers as oppose to simply being "inspired" by them. 

Sean Brown





I don't think Sean considers himself as a photographer but he might as well do so as the man has such a great eye. Sean is the founder of Needs & Wants Studios from Canada. While Sean creates phenomenal scenery images I would consider his photography more lifestyle as it all fits into his brand. What I really love about Sean's images is that they are created with an iPhone. Sure, some analog added to his tools but for the  most part he captures some of the best images with his iPhone and that's something to highly admire. I'd be lying if Sean's aesthetics haven't influenced me in any way, as a matter of fact this blog came about because I was a frequent visitor to his and made me realize that I needed to create one. 





Check out more of his work via byseanbrown.com


Quentin de Briey



If you look through tumblr to find "inspiration" i'm sure you've come across one of Quentin's images. The man has established this beautiful aesthetic that I'm sure plenty are trying to recreate it. I was one of them, but can you blame me? Quentin is the reason why I decided to get into film photography. I don't have quite the romantic relationship with film as others do but I'm starting to dive more into that as I plan to buy a scanner to scan my negatives. 

Check out more of Quentin's work http://quentindebriey.com





Jamie Hawkesworth



Considering myself a fashion photographer puts a lot of pressure on the title itself when photographers like Jamie Hawkesworth exist. Jamie has photographed campaigns for some huge fashion houses that I aspire to be like him. He is under the MAP LTD umbrella which if you are a photographer within this field, you should know the prestige in being a part of that agency. I really wish I knew what tools this man uses as his images are gorgeous. The skin tones are my favorite. By now you should of gotten the hint that Jamie is my personal favorite photographer. Everything this man does is astonishing. 







Check out more of Jamie's work http://www.mapltd.com/artist/jamiehawkesworth/








No comments:

Post a Comment