May 17, 2017

For Those That Know

For Those That Know is an in house personal collection of garments operated by Mitch Modes. I met Mitch back in November last year while taking a trip out to LA to have a photoshoot with him and his girlfriend, Emily Ferguson for A-W Project. While Mitch and I have kept in contact since then earlier this year he contacted me about a project he was starting. He asked me if I could create the website for his project, I was honored. 


Photo above by Elie

I had seen images of the project through Mitch's Instagram as photographer Elie captured all the visuals for the project. I was excited to get started on the website but as Mitch and Elie did not have all the visuals ready yet I prepared a layout for what Mitch envisioned it to be. We went back and forth sending each other references of what the website could look like. At this point I had a clear understanding of what he wanted but I realized that we didn't have a logo for the project established. I asked Mitch if he'd like for me to work on one also and that's when I took care of the entire brand identity. 


Above - Logo idea that got tossed. 


Below - Kept it subtle and made the logo out of Acumin Pro text. 


While establishing the logo and the direction of which the identity of the project was going, I was working on the  layout. The website was planned simple. Three pages; home, about, and collection page. The home page would be use to place all the images that Mitch, Emily, and Elie had created, About is a self given one and collection was to be utilize to showcase the individual garments. 



Above - Home Page




Even though there's only three pages and they seem very simple, the idea to have everything right is what made for plenty of revisions and plenty of text messages. While the visuals were still getting worked on I was working on the Collection page and edited each garment. 





By this time the visuals were done and I could finally put everything together. This is the third website I built from scratch and even though it's only three pages it took a lot of work to come together. I was happy that Mitch was happy with the final product. The foundation of the website is established and it will now continue to grow and evolve from here. 













If you need help creating a website, let's talk.
















No comments:

Post a Comment